On 22nd of May we went to Warsaw to participate at the European Business Awards Summit, the final stage of this year’s edition of the most prominent business contest in Europe. The event took place over two days and encompassed judging sessions (more on that in a couple of lines), workshops, networking cocktails and the awards ceremony.
The Judging Sessions
As we previously announced, we won the Workplace and People Development Award for Romania. The judging sessions were a series of interviews with a team of judges. The point of these discussions was for the organisers to weigh and measure each national winner in order to choose a European winner for each category.
In the photo below we can see the Chairman of the Judges, Phil Forrest, handing us the medal.
The European Winners
According to EBA’s jury, these are the best European companies in 2018:
- Chas Visual Management, Sweden – The RSM Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- John Paul, France – The ELITE Award for Growth Strategy of the Year
- Aker Biomarine, Norway – The Award for Innovation
- Aquabiotech Group, Malta – The Germany Trade & Invest Award for International Expansion
- Groupe SEB, France – The Social Responsibility and Environmental Awareness Award
- Clicars, Spain – The New Business of The Year Award
- Neylons Facility Management, Ireland – The Workplace and People Development Award
- Riwal, The Netherlands – The Customer and Market Engagement Award
- Prepaid Financial Services, United Kingdom – The Digital Technology Award
- beMatrix, Belgium – The Business of the Year Award with Turnover of €0-25m
- Bonum, Norway – The Business of the Year Award with Turnover of €26-150m
- Tomra Systems, Norway – The Business of the Year Award with Turnover of €150m or higher
- True Potential, United Kingdom – The European Public Winner
- Childbase Partnership, United Kingdom – The Chairman’s Selection
We already won
In our very disputed category, the judges had the tough job of picking only one winner for Europe. In the end, the award went to our friends at Neylons Facility Management in Ireland. Well done, guys!
Even if we didn’t win the European gold, we feel like we won anyway. Being designated the best workplace in Romania is a major achievement for any company, especially in a highly competitive industry such as IT. It is a 10-year celebration of the good work we’ve been doing in the people care area. Moreover, it’s also a signal to our clients and prospects that we are a great technological partner to work with. A team of enthusiastic and driven people will always deliver high quality work. Happy employees ultimately means happy clients.