About the company
Qubiz is a software development company that delivers custom-tailored IT solutions for growing companies – usually from Western Europe. Our solutions range from enterprise software applications and business intelligence solutions to web and mobile applications.Besides development, we also invest heavily in researching new technologies. We’ve started with machine learning, blockchain, AR/MR with Hololens, IoT. Now, we’re looking for someone to join our internal research team.
What will you be working on?
Most of the projects are in the following areas: Chatbots (mostly using cloud API's), Video processing(starting from basic algorithms, up to deep learning algorithms), Data analysis(understanding patterns in data, and creating a model that can predict/classify/simplify the data).
Requirements for this role
We are looking for a new colleague with a strong programming background that wants to learn Machine Learning. We focus for now on 3 main areas(Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Data Science analysis).
- 7+ years of experience in programming(backend)
- Passionate about Math and willing to learn more
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Self-reliant; able to work independently and accept responsibility for projects.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with a passion for technology.
- Fast prototyping skills, including comprehensive feature integration during all cycles of development.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey programming concepts and considerations to non-experts
- Manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking with a strong client focus.
- Easy to adapt to new projects/frameworks
- Mentoring of junior/mid developers
On a personal level, you’re:
- Passionate about algorithms and experimentation
- Able to deal with a high degree of uncertainty (things might not work as expected as they are in the experimental phase)
- Able to assess and apply researched technologies to a business context (for example, the traveling salesman problem: finding the shortest path between 10 cities while minimizing costs)
- Team player
It’s a plus if you have
- Experience with Python, ML algorithms, or complex algorithms
- Experience with Linux Environment
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with any of Git, Mercurial, TFS
- Experience with cloud-based solutions: Amazon, Azure, Google, Firebase or others
- A maintained GitHub account (or something similar)
- Friendly environment, a great team
- Professional and personal development
- Varied and challenging projects
- All the support for a healthy life, sports, and hobbies
- Fun in & out of office
- And some money every month